april 11, 2020
444 Glen Arvin Avenue • 11 AM – 2 PM
Join us for a service celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, followed by a holiday dinner. If you are interested in helping to serve, please contact Ansley McElroy. If you would like to provide an Easter dinner for our hungry neighbors, you can make your gift online.
What’s New at the Mission?
However, we are making many temporary adjustments to our services to protect public health. Like everyone else, we are sanitizing our facilities more frequently, and we are changing some of the ways we serve our guests (e.g. giving out bottles of water and pre-packaged pastries, etc.). We are also working hard to educate all of our guests and residents about COVID-19 and how they can prevent the spread of germs.
- Serving hot lunches in carry-out containers instead of plated meals
- Changing our walk-in procedures so we can quickly attend to guests who need hygiene products, clothing vouchers, food supplies, bus passes, and other basic necessities. Visitors may also call us at (859) 381-9600 for curbside service.
- Suspending chapel services, Steady Hands, and Jobs for Life classes
- Cancelling all mission tours
- Screening our residents for symptoms of COVID-19
- Moving our residents ages 60+ out of our dorm and into more private rooms
- Ensuring all staff and volunteers who are particularly at risk (age 60+ or with a chronic health condition) stay home for at least two weeks
We are also now screening and coordinating care for our sick clients with other homeless agencies, local healthcare providers, and city officials. Every morning, we are meeting with this group to better respond to the COVID-19 outbreak as a community of providers. You can read the full plan here. The City of Lexington will be keeping the public informed of the needs of all the local agencies serving the homeless, and you can stay up-to-date on the latest needs by visiting their Facebook page.
Food. Clothing. Shelter
Thank you for caring about our homeless neighbors!
Do you have your copy of the 2020 Street Guide?
This guide is designed to help our homeless neighbors access basic necessities in Lexington. You can help by printing and sharing it with men, women and youth who are in need. We recommend keeping a few copies in your car or putting one in your wallet or purse. You can also give several guides to your workplace, school or church to keep on-hand for anyone in need.
Thank you for your compassion for those in need!
Lexington Rescue Mission
444 Glen Arvin Avenue, Lexington, KY 40508