We need your help to move people out of homelessness and into permanent housing.
1) Do you have a truck? We need volunteer movers to pick up furniture donations on Saturday mornings (as needed) for people who are moving off the streets and into their own apartment. These donations come from Southland Christian Church's Helping Thru Him Ministry, located at their Harrodsburg Road campus.
2) Put together a welcome basket. Fill a laundry basket with household essentials: cleaning supplies, bathroom accessories, kitchen necessities, etc. Drop off your basket at The Outreach Center for one of our homeless families who is soon to move into their own home.
3) Calling all Landlords: We need you! We need landlords who would be willing to consider renting to our homeless guests who are having a hard time finding housing. We'll work with you to screen appropriate tenants and provide home visits after the tenant has moved in to be sure they are on track to pay their rent and utilities and keep up the property.
4) Pray for our guests. Prayer changes things. We need doors to open for housing, provision for our clients, and most importantly for hearts to be open to the Spirit of the Lord.
5) Give! Your investment will provide housing and support for people to get off the streets and into their own homes. Please help make this possible by giving online today!
If you can help with any of these, please contact Laura Carr.
There are no comments